Thursday, July 9, 2009

discJockey ;

DJing?! You gotta be kidding me! :]

Today, I decided to mess around with VirtualDJ, a DJ mixing software. I had nothing better to do, so I gave it a shot. With a few MP3 files, a keyboard, mouse and a pair of headphones for cue playback I tried to imitate how the DJ mixed the songs in this YouTube video.

It took me hours to understand the technique behind it. Though I had a hard time, it was fun messing with it :]]. I can at least beatmatch from one song to another, but I'm kinda having a difficult time beatmatching and transitioning to the third song. Oh, the difficulty.

Anyhow, I think I learned something new today. Something awesome and I can at least show off my noobability to my friends xD. WHY didn't I do this earlier?! I would have learned tons of new things every single day. *sigh. Ohwell, might as well just start now :]]

This is one of my random blabbers, very different from the other two entries I made lately.
Thank you for reading. Next time, it's an another well thought entry.


Until then,
//Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment